The activities carried out in the first stage of the project led to a thorough knowledge of all elements that lead to achievement the alloys with particular characteristics used at high temperatures and with special surface coatings.
They thoroughly research directions important for further activities, applied research.
We crystallized a proper conceptual model of the titanium alloy, titanium aluminide system, able to meet the requirements imposed by the theme of the project, to be used at high temperatures for periods of time, we believe we determined a way to reconcile the all major factors influencing the optimal properties of an alloy of this kind.
Starting from a microstructure which seems capable of leading to the required mechanical properties (strength, creep, fatigue) have adjusted by introducing elements chemical composition and micro-alloying on clear limits but large enough to guarantee us getting microstructure desired. From this iteration we resumed research for more accurate determination of all physical-chemical-mechanical, clearly noting that the system is optimal for our application.
Still other features have been analyzed have to present particular alloy such as duration of use in nominal (no structural changes or residual deformity greater than 0.1%, 0.1 ), the average behavior O, C, S at high temperatures, plastic deformation performance.
All results clearly show that the alloy can be used without problems especially in the range of temperatures and loads developed a turbine designed for power industry.
In this stage we checked point by point feasibility of each solution in practice chosen us for this and in consultation with our partners. Technological solutions were discussed in terms of achieving stringent quality assurance based on existing machinery and functional.
At this time we can say that we master all the necessary elements to start in the best conditions the activities of the experimental model design.
Progress phase 1
1. Study of developing potential for titan based advanced materials field researches
2. Study related to possibility to obtain titanium based alloys
3. Study related to the tests for titanium based alloys high temperature resistent
4. Study related to surface protection of titanium based alloys high
5. Study related to plastic deformation of titanium based alloys
6. Study regarding the use of titanium based alloys high temperature resistent for long periods of time
7. Study related to control and test of titanium based alloys high temperature resistent
8. Study for availability of titanium based alloys on the turbines working in the energy industry
1. Article: "Aspects regarding the mechanism and kinetics of the adherence and corrosion processes between compozite layers, using thermic metal covering; Ilie BUTNARIU, Nicolae CONSTANTIN, Raluca PETRACHE , Nicoleta GHEORGHE; Conferinta AMCSIT -A way to innovatio, ' Brasov 2008, ISSN 1844-7090
2. Article: “Ecological industrial processes, generation of clean co2 and its efficient management" Corneliu STANASILA, Nicolae CONSTANTIN, Octavian STANASILA, Cristian DOBRESCU, Nicoleta GHEORGHE, Raluca PETRACHE ; Conferinta Nationala de Metalurgie si Stiinta Marterialelor-ROMAT 2008, Bucuresti, pag. 343-351 , ISBN 978-606-521-077-6